- Remove the metalized sticker in the back of the caliper.
- Unscrew as many screws as you find below the sticker.
- Detach the reader from the rest of the caliper.
- Place one layer of adhesive tape over the circuit board (see pictures below).
- Attach the reader to the rest of the caliper.
- Screw all the screws that you unscrewed before.
- Glue the sticker in the back again.
You must be aware that this fix may lead to a very very small loss in precision of the readings due to the change in capacitance because of the adhesive tape but hey… if you need very very precise readings you shouldn’t have bought a cheap caliper in ebay in the first place! 😛